Monday, May 3
I finished a fairly easy quilt top after a year! Yay!
I'm not quite sure why it took me a year to assemble this quilt top. It was such a slow process! I do know that I started this with the idea to make it a quick and easy quilt a la Amy Karol's Lap Quilt in Bend the Rules Sewing. So I cut long strips of fabric. But Tanya Whelans Darla fabrics didn't look so good in long strips and I'm glad I changed my mind and cut the strips into squares! Georgia generously donated her red Darla fabrics to me because I hardly had any. And I added some other fabrics as well. All in all I cut so many squares of all these fabrics (and some others as well that didn't make it) that I could easily assemble another similar quilt top from all the 'leftovers', but that will probably take another year :)